Acer a210 charger not connecting / tablet light not registering charger is there

Options
elizabeth17
elizabeth17 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to get some advice really before I definitely ship my tablet off for repair, last night I came to charge my tablet and the orange charge light came on as normal  however suddenly the tablet struggled to stay connected with the charger. At the time the tablet screen was on and kept on notifying me of it switching between being in charge mode to the message " you have 10% battery remaining" etc. I switched it off and left it to charge as the orange light was now on constant, however after coming back to the tablet later on I noticed the power button light was flicking between white ( complete charge) and orange ( low) .

I unplugged the charger and then tried again a couple of minutes after only to find that the charger will no longer connect and charge to my tablet at all. When the charge piece sits in the port of my tablet it sits fine but its slightly loose in the fact that the cable ( which is undamaged /like new/ no nots in it) moves to easily rather than rigidly staying on my tablet like it used to during charge. Any ideas? 

Answers

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

In the event that it's the charger which is at fault have you tried charging via a PC or laptop ?

• elizabeth17
    elizabeth17 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi there,

I've not tried charging it via my desktop computer I'm assuming you mean via USB cable no but have read up tablets take longer to charge this way and in the long term it doesn't really solve the problem as to whether the problems my connector port for charging or whether its the charger itself ( I also don't have a second charger so can't test this way either) . Thanks for your help though 

This discussion has been closed.