I need help with my Aspire 5315

Options
jones36
jones36 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi everyone, i bought an Acer Aspire secondhand last yr. I am now selling it to my neighbour, as my girlfriend has a new one. When trying to reset to factory it needs a bios password, which i cant remember what it was. I have tried the shorting out the cmos battery or something to no avail. I have been told i can get a back door entry into my laptop, but need proof of purchase? I didnt get a reciept from the person i bought it off. As was secondhand. Any ideas how i can resolve this please. As my neighbour wants it for her son at Christmas. I don't want to pay out to get it removed like.

Many Thanks in advance

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Jones, it is usually imnpossible to get into a comnputer that has a lost BIOS password.

SOMETIMES, this method works.  Reboot your laptop, and when prompted for a password, guess three times. A screen will appear telling you that your system is disabled, and it will give you a code. Write down the code and go to http://bios-pw.com/ This site will give you a BIOS passord that MIGHT work. Reboot and enter the new password.

Whether or not it works, can you post back and tell us what happened?

This discussion has been closed.