Acer Aspire v5 wireless range problems

2»

Answers

• gev
    gev Member Posts: 14 New User

Mine is V5-573P-6896. Yea, swapping wires worked for me too. First tested it with multimeter. Mine shows ~1.3 Ohms, I mean the working, black one. The white, of course, showed nothing as indeed broken. Yes, I understand that Bluetooth may ot work or work at a very close range, but who cares Smiley Happy, so far I have never used it.

Thanks guys.

• Agent0
    Agent0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    There is a very easy fix for this problem.
    First take the back off of your laptop but VERY CAREFULLY since it could easily break and then identify the wifi card (Wireless Card) which is often located at the right side.
    It has two cables connected to it. A White one and a Black one now here comes the fun part.
    With cautious take off both cables off and put the black one where the white one goes and the white one where the black cable goes. Then simply put everything back together and have fun again being like 200 kilometers away from the router lol.
    The also funny thing is I actually just do that now lmaooo hope it works for you :)
  • kingmiro
    kingmiro Member Posts: 1 New User
    I only got now problems after 8 years of daily usage. I always say, do not open the lid too fast. That makes a difference.
    But the cable swap did not work so far for me.

Btw. my battery looks like blown. Should the battery be falt ?