New to the Forum

Options
jreedsr
jreedsr Member Posts: 2 New User

New to the forum.  Have three Acer Aspire Laptops (17.3" Pentium and two 15.6" -one pentium and one AMD) and have just ordered and awaiting delivery of the R7.  Also have an HP Pavilion G6.  The big Aspire is a desktop replacement, about two years old with Windows 8.1 and on PC Matic runs in the top 30% of computers.  The smaller Aspires run in the lower 38%.  The HP is running an AMD A6 CPU,runs in top 27% with Windows 8.1 Pro and is my "travel replacement" for trips and Veterans Outreach.  I am a Veteran Service Office and do vet claims.  The HP replaced a 7 yr old Dell that was really running slow and starting to show "end of life" issues.  Started with computers in 1983 with a TRS 80 Model 100 (laptop) and a TRS 80 Model 4.  I am really anxious to get my hands on the R7.  I am by no means a "power user", but just love progressing through the years with all the upgrades and innovations.  Don't want to get to understand the basics and want to try and keep up with the children and grandchildren.

Answers

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello jreedsr and welcome to the Acer Support Forums!

That is some collection of machinery you have!

We are very happy that you decided to join our community. I know you will find a great deal of interesting and helpful information here.

Phil-3
    Community Moderator

• jreedsr
    jreedsr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yes, quite a collection, and my wife would probably shoot me if she knew or if I run out of hiding spaces for all the new stuff.  If I ever quit my county job, I think I can survive the rest of my years going through all the gear I already have.

This discussion has been closed.