how to unlock hidden menus in acer aspire E1-571 insydeH20 bios

Options
Arnold
Arnold Member Posts: 1 New User
my main objective is to increase pre allocated DVMT in bios because I have an integrated intel hd graphics 4000 which has a min vid memory of 128 and ram 4gb(3.82 gb usble these proves that I can increase my video memory many websites are saying that I have no option other than to buy a new notebook or cpu but after googling many months I found that I can use a tool amibcp tool to increase pre allocated DVMT but when I open my bios file which is latest version 2.17 it shows setup information not found I also tried phoenix tool I was editing DXE Core module with the help of a turtorial in the tutorial it was written to find system configuration with hex editor but in the line where system configuration should be there was only. . . . . . . . . . but nothing please help is there a problem in the bios file please give me a solution I am stuck in this step

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

You won't find such a file on Acer's servers, but if you were to figure out the mainboard type you could see the manufacturers page for that and download an unlocked image file (if you're lucky). Then you would just need to flash the new image over your old one and off you go.

This discussion has been closed.