Windows 8 Recovery options

Options
rcclick
rcclick Member Posts: 7 New User

I have an Iconia W510 with windows 8.

I have copied the recovery partition onto a thumb drive.

I am trying to find out how to use it if I have a system problem preventing me from using the tablet.

I have searched ther website but all the answers involve using a keyboard.

I do not have a keyboard.

Am I out of luck?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Boy, if it's possible I haven't heard how you do it. At that point in the boot process none of the network drivers (which are used for a bluetooth keyboard) are started. In my neck of the woods I take a trip to a thrift store, like Goodwill, and find a cheap USB keyboard and mouse. Last time I was in that situation it ended up costing $7 for both. With the W510 you might also need a micro-USB to USB adapter to allow the typical keyboard to be connected.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Boy, if it's possible I haven't heard how you do it. At that point in the boot process none of the network drivers (which are used for a bluetooth keyboard) are started. In my neck of the woods I take a trip to a thrift store, like Goodwill, and find a cheap USB keyboard and mouse. Last time I was in that situation it ended up costing $7 for both. With the W510 you might also need a micro-USB to USB adapter to allow the typical keyboard to be connected.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rcclick
    rcclick Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Thanks for the idea. I'm off to the thrift store.

This discussion has been closed.