Internet constantly disconnects and reconnects

Options
wakalord
wakalord Member Posts: 1 New User

Aspire V3-771, Windows 7

AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter

This has been going on for about a month now. I've endlessly googled for solutions to this problem and NOTHING works.

-Uninstalled wifi/bluetooth drivers and reinstalled new ones, have downloaded from both Acer's website and that deplorable Czech one everyone links

-Have ticked off the "turn off device to save power"

-Have updated the BIOS

-Have turned Bluetooth off

-Is an issue with the laptop, my phone and my roommates can connect to all in-range routers just fine

-I contacted Acer's beyond useless customer support to no avail. They told me to do a system restore. I did which bluescreen'd and basically made my laptop a brick for a few days until I managed to partially revert the restore. I restored again and everything was fine. Wifi worked fine for a week, now it's just as bad.

I'm at my wits end and need reliable internet for both my job and my academics. Finals week is upon me, I need a fix. Now.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi wakalord

After all the things you've tried, plus the wireless works perfectly fine on other devices, the only thing left is the wireless card inside the laptop. This may well be faulty or perhaps just needs re-seating.

If you're confident enough to take your laptop apart, check to see if re-seating it helps. If this makes no difference, then it is likely it will need replacing. Googling the make & model of the wireless card, will help locating a replacement.

Or try your local PC store, who can do this for you.

This discussion has been closed.