Acer V5-573g ssd bug possible BIOS/UEFI issue?

Options
2»

Answers

• Win8Acer
    Win8Acer Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

The Acer V5-573 is very nice. I would be okay with not using bluetooth if necessary.

And while I too spend much time, and many downloads of Window 8.1 upgrade while I "installed Windows 8.1, found that bluetooth audio was not stable, then restored back to Windows 8.0, then installed Windows 8.1 again", etc, etc.

If you look at Device Manager, and then "Sound, video and game controllers", do you see a Bluetooth Audio device/driver listed?  I test with two different V5-573's there was a Bluetooth Audio entry but it should a yellow triangle and selecting properties is reported an error or issue and was not working correctly. When removing the device it went away but I could not reinstall it from Window's searching on the Internet. The last time I tried this I did not want to install the drivers from the Acer Web site as they had failed previoulsy, so I don't have Bluetooth audio working but bluetooth mouse and Wireless LAN are not conflicting but work correctly.

I hope the above makes sense.

• plogtintin
    plogtintin Member Posts: 17 New User
    Options

I only got nvidida virtual audio device and realtek high definition audio drivers

• plogtintin
    plogtintin Member Posts: 17 New User
    Options

Ok i tried to stream music from my xperia zl to my laptop. The sound lagged for 5 seconds but is now holding perfectly on the computer.

• kirkers
    kirkers Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

I am new to this model (actually have the touchscreen V5-573PG) and just caught up with this thread.

I notice the last posts were from January 2014, just before two new BIOS releases (2.25 Feb.7; 2.26 Apr.3).  

How did these BIOS upgrades affect the SSD and Bluetooth issues covered in this thread?  Can those involved please report back here, or can an Acer Technician summarize please?

Also, I'm wondering how you modders have managed to find an online service manual. (Acer is not like Dell and HP, which provides nice service manuals for most if not all models.)  If no manual, then sharing any photos, weblinks and text descriptions about gaining access to HDD, SDD, mSATA slot, RAM slot(s), and battery for eventual replacement would be a BIG plus for all power users.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.