Acer Predator AG3-605-UR20 expensive paper weight!

Options
aworldofherown
aworldofherown Member Posts: 3 New User

Intel Core i7-4770 processor 3.4 GHz(6MB cache)

32 GB DDR3 RAM

3TB 7200 rpm HDD, 24 GB Solid State Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX660

Windows 8

I received this machine as a gift it was bought from Amazon and it was around 1499.00. As soon as I plugged it in I made sure I updated to 8.1 and made sure all the drivers were up to date. I did not make any changes beyond that other than downloading a game and installing an anti-virus I prefer. I had constant issues logging into the computer it self but was able to work around the passowrd issue. I really didn't like that feature, to be locked out of the computer and not being able to do anything not even log to the internet. So that was fixed.

The next issue happened a lil over a week ago. I was playing my game with no issues at all but then that night I decided to shutdown the pc for the night. That is where all the issues started. I get up the next morning and it will not boot. I got blue screen saying, "The boot configuration data file is missing some required information. File:\Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000d". I do a Google search looking at all possible fixes wondering if I did something wrong but I couldn't have since I have barely used this pc since I got it. I just watched some Youtube videos, played my game a couple times a week, and that is pretty much it. Either way there are many pages on the internet that give suggestions on rebuilding the BCD, so I tried that but everything would say it was successful but then I would still get the error. So I called Acer support. They had me go to my bios and make a few adjustments and then reboot the PC. I get the same error code. The rep then says that the recovery discs are not part of the package I can order them for 20 bucks or ship the PC back to them for 100 bucks.

Now I am REALLY not happy this PC is not even 90 days old! Why does Acer not give those discs in thier package?!?! If someone is willing to pay for a computer over a 1000 dollars I would think that should be something they include... Do you want people to buy your products or not? Cause the way to keep a customer is to treat them right not act like it is our fault and connect with us. We write the reveiws on the products you sell we are free advertisement...

Now I have a PC that I am getting really tired of trying to find answers and I even bought a new HDD to see if it would help but of course it did not.

Answers

• aworldofherown
    Options

UPDATE:

After many hours of command prompt suggestions put in use I was finally able to list the volumes installed on the drive and found that my HHD that is supposed to be 2TB is only showing up as 127GB(new HHD, not original). I reformatted the drive within command prompt and was able to install Win7 (didn't have Win8 discs). I felt I needed to at least get Windows up and running and maybe get internet on it so I could find some diagnostic tool online to scan the pc. I slowly installed each driver I could find for my model using my Sandisk and my laptop. I was finally seeing progress. Late last night the PC finally had internet. I scanned the drives with an online tool and one tool shows that it is a bad drive. I don't understand how I could already have a bad drive.

I also decided to reinstall the old HDD and the original 3TB is showing up as 2TB.

• aworldofherown
    Options

The 3TB is almost 2 months old and the 2TB is less than a week (meaning in my possession).

This discussion has been closed.