Aspire S7 2nd battery died within a week?

Options
pkvk9122
pkvk9122 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello everyone,

I shall try my best to explain the current situation I am in.

About a week ago, I bought the 2nd battery available from acer's store online and after a couple charges and discharges, it was working fine and I was extremely satisfied. However, yesterday it failed.

There would be no lights from the battery in any situation, I charged it using the ac power slot, no lights, connect the 2nd battery to the laptop, no lights, press the button on the battery to show how much power is left, no lights.

When I connect the battery and the laptop, the laptop seems to ignore that the 2nd battery is there and uses the in built one. HOWEVER, while connecting the 2nd battery to the laptop, when I attach the AC power to the 2ND BATTERY, it would charge the battery in the laptop, not the 2nd one.

I have tried one or two things. Firstly, I've left it for a whole day, in a warm room (I live in about 5-15 degree temperatures) of about 20 degrees C, I've left it charging for a whole day, and I've searched google for hours now.

I'm guessing its had about 6 or so complete discharges till now.

I highly doubt it is a driver issue, and I'm leaning towards a hardware failure, but if anyone could help me solve this, I will save another $150 dollars, and not be really mad at acer.

Thanks!!

Answers

• pkvk9122
    pkvk9122 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I should mention it is a Acer Aspire S7 391.

Edit: just realised there was an edit button... >_<

• MichaelLonewolf
    MichaelLonewolf Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hi there, what I see here is you need to completely discharged those batteries, and then take some isopropyl alcohol and clean the contacts. This is the major of minor things I have seen when working with laptops, if there is dust in your home or office, then that dust gets on the contacts and doesn't allow the batteries to work properly, you have to remember these units (laptops) are tested in what is known as a white room, meaning it is totally dust free. Just get a bottle of 90% isopropyl alcohol and clean the contacts, and you will be fine.
This discussion has been closed.