New Acer Aspire M5-581T Dead, Warranty not Recognized

Options
rubyfiorito
rubyfiorito Member Posts: 1 New User

I purchased a brand new Acer M5-581T from Nomerack on 6/24/13 and it had been experiencing problems with charging.  Either it would not charge when the laptop was turned on, or it would charge partially and stop, usually around 70%. 

Tonight, the laptop would not charge at all and I shut off the computer when it stated there was 7% (25 min) left.  Even off, it refused to charge. I've tested two different power cords and they charge on my other laptops just fine, so it's not the cord.  When I tried to turn the computer on to see if I could update the BIOS, it won't even start now.  And there is no indication it is charging even when turned off and plugged in. It is basically dead.

I cannot get support, even though the it states my warranty ends in 1/4/2013 according to the registration.

I attempted to register and was told the serial is already registered to Teleplan Service Logistics.  I cannot do the phone support, nor the chat and am very unhappy with my purchase.  I am a light user and this machine is only 4 months old.  Please let me know if anyone has experienced this.  I feel it should be covered by the warranty, but I can't get a hold of anyone who will help me. 

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

rubyfiorito wrote:

I purchased a brand new Acer M5-581T from Nomerack on 6/24/13 and it had been experiencing problems with charging.  Either it would not charge when the laptop was turned on, or it would charge partially and stop, usually around 70%. 

Tonight, the laptop would not charge at all and I shut off the computer when it stated there was 7% (25 min) left.  Even off, it refused to charge. I've tested two different power cords and they charge on my other laptops just fine, so it's not the cord.  When I tried to turn the computer on to see if I could update the BIOS, it won't even start now.  And there is no indication it is charging even when turned off and plugged in. It is basically dead.

I cannot get support, even though the it states my warranty ends in 1/4/2013 according to the registration.

I attempted to register and was told the serial is already registered to Teleplan Service Logistics.  I cannot do the phone support, nor the chat and am very unhappy with my purchase.  I am a light user and this machine is only 4 months old.  Please let me know if anyone has experienced this.  I feel it should be covered by the warranty, but I can't get a hold of anyone who will help me. 

Ruby,

I would suggest reviewing your warranty paperwork. It sounds like you have purchased a refurbished unit which carrys a different warranty. If you don't have access to that paperwork anymore, feel free to message me with your serial number and I can check on it for you.

Cory

This discussion has been closed.