BLANK SCREEN

Options
maggie0720
maggie0720 Member Posts: 5 New User

I have a model 100.  I have had it for about 1.5 - 2 years.  The power light is blue but I have a blank screen.  I have charged it over night and still nothing.  When I hit the home key it lights up then goes out.  What to do?  Can this be repaired?  I would like to give it to my grand daughter to use.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Give a factory reset a try... Sounds like an app is hanging at startup before the OS has finished loading.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • maggie0720
    Options

I've tried that several times.  No luck?  Do you know if these can be serviced and if so is it worth the cost?

• billsey
    Options

Probably not worth it with the A100... Too old for a $1-200 bill. Have you tried to load a new OS from scratch?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • maggie0720
    Options

No.  How do I do that?  I am technically challenged.

• billsey
    Options

You download the file to your PC, rename it as update.zip, copy it to the root directory of a mini SD card, put the SD card in your tablet, the power up the tablet by hold the volume up button and the power button simultaneously. When you start seeing tiny text in the upper left corner of your screen you can release the buttons and the new OS gets loaded.

Of course if you have a real problem with the display, as opposed to a corrupt piece of software, it won't work. But if it's a software issue that should fix it.

• maggie0720
    Options

Please bare with me.  What file do I download to my PC?  When you say copy it to the root directory of a mini SD card, I assume you are saying just copy it to the drive the SD card is in.  Like I said I am technically challenged and need specific How To  instructions.  Thanks for your help

This discussion has been closed.