Audio Issues

Options
BlueJay
BlueJay Member Posts: 3 New User

My Acer desktop is an Aspire X1430G, slimline. I formatted and reloaded the computer roughly a month ago and loaded it with Windows 7 Ultimate, x64 bit. My only hardware modification is the addition of an Nvidia 430GT graphics card. I play a lot of music, while playing video games, while I write my short stories, and just casual use which means my audio is a high priority. Just recently, I've started noticing blips in the audio that I play. I've been using the AIMP3 media player, but these issues did not arise until several days after I installed AIMP, and I have played a lot of music sense then. The audio will sometimes have a 1/4th of a second of a static blip, similar to pulling your microphone out of it's jack and hearing the static. If I go back ten seconds and replay the area, it may or may not come back in the same spot. It shows up in some audio files, but not in others and at random times. I've also listened to the same audio on my laptop several times only to find it did not create any noise what so ever. I've used my headphones, and tried different jacks, and I installed a fresh copy of the latest audio and chipset drivers, but still no luck. I am not convinced that it is AIMP causing this, because while messing with the audio settings in windows, I opened up a .wav file I am familiar with and listened to the whole thing outside of AIMP, and I heard the static blip there too. I can only believe it has something to do with my motherboard, as no matter what I play it through, or listen to it through, I hear it at random times in the audio file in question and I have listened to hundreds of files. I'm not even kidding, I have listened to hundreds and about half, give or take, have this occur. I did not have this problem before I formatted and reloaded the machine. I apologize for the long post, but this really bugs me and I really want it fixed.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi BlueJay

Years ago, on a previous desktop, I used Audacity to record some LP's to MP3, and I too suffered some "blips" in the audio, and even some additional background noise that was not on the LP's. I bought a PCI soundcard, and this solved the problem.

On my current PC, I use the onboard audio, and there are no problems whatsoever!

Perhaps you can upgrade to an audio card or even a USB audio card - this may well solve your problem.

• BlueJay
    Options

A friend of mine mentioned that it may solve my problem as well. I honestly have nothing left to try. I'll give like 20 for one of those USB cards.

• finlux
    Options

OK - let us know how you get on!

• BlueJay
    Options

Well, i decided i'd go with something other than a flimsy stick, as this would be a permanent solution. It fits the bill exactly, though with some extra features. I don't mind extra features though lol Robot LOL

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Startech-7.1-USB-Audio-Adapter-External-Sound-Card-with-SPDIF-Digital-Audio/14291558

I was really hoping i wouldn't have to go and buy something, but hey, i'm doing it cheaper than what i would be, if i bought a new board. I can't complain too much though, i like gadgets and cool stuff to mess with

• finlux
    Options

Great!

Glad you're now fixed Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.