Problem with warranty and repairs

Options
shawnf
shawnf Member Posts: 3 New User

A few months ago, my Aspire One 756 running Windows 7 would not power on. I assumed it was my power cable, so I ordered a cheap replacement to no avail. I contacted Acer, scheduled a repair, and about two weeks later I recieved my 'repaired' laptop. It worked for maybe a week before I had the same problem. I got frustrated and set it aside for a few weeks before I contacted Acer again, set up a repair again, and again recieved my 'repaired' Aspire One. As you can probably guess, it worked for a grand total of 30 minutes before I had the same problem. Shuts off, no power. Here's where it gets fun. 

A day before I recieved my laptop for the second time, my warranty expired. Now, because Acer failed to correctly repair my laptop the first time, I am now essentially stuck with a paperweight. I find it unacceptable that I am left without a laptop because of shoddy repair practices. 

Had anyone had an experience like this? Does anyone have any advice, or am I stuck with a relatively expensive cutting board?

Answers

• rallyman
    rallyman Member Posts: 28 New User
    Options

Does it work with the power adapter only ? battery removed ?

• shawnf
    Options
    No, it doesn't work with a power cable, with battery, or any combination of the two. All I get is the blue power light, nothing more.
  • rallyman
    Options

Can you hear if the hard drive is running ? Have you tried taking the memory cards and trying one a time to see if it will start ? Insert only one stick of RAM at a time and swap it between the RAM slots to see if the laptop will start.

• shawnf
    Options

Nope, I tried two different RAM sticks in both slots separately, same thing. The hard drive is spinning, still nothing on the screen whatsoever, just the little blue power light. 

• rallyman
    Options

Can you connect it to an external monitor ? usually have to press the fn key and f4 0r f5 there is usually a screen symbol on the "f" keys

This discussion has been closed.