Acer Aspire V3-551G keeps crashing.

Options
Tao
Tao Member Posts: 1 New User
I have a 6 month old V3-551G,
AMD Quad Core A10-4600M
AMD Radeon 7660G + 7670M
8GB DDR3

Works fine for the first few months until it starts getting very hot and shuts down by itself. Got a cooler for it and solve the problem for another few months. Now it constantly turns off even when the computer is not even hot. It crashed when i tried to restore my settings and whatever i do. It works fine for the first 3 mins and then it shuts down by itself. Any solutions?

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

So it sounds like there are a couple potential issues here;

1. Software is causing the crashes.
    2. Overheating could be causing the issue. It could be related to a malfunctioning fan or the heatsink may not be as secure as it needs to be.

I would try reloading system if possible. This will do a couple things for you. If the system doesn't crash during the reinstall process it can effectively eliminate issues with RAM & HDD. It also minimizes the chance that it's overheating. With that said, if you do finalize the recovery process and you're still experiencing crashes you can conclude that it is likely a hardware problem. In that case, I would have to suggest contacting support and asking them to setup a repair.

This discussion has been closed.