S3-391 battery issues after updating windows 8.1

Options
nismox
nismox Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I have an Acer S3-391 laptop and was quite happy with it. When the Win 8.1 update came out I updated my system. Happy as can be, but then the misery started.

After using a week or so my battery stopped charging. My traybar battery icon now says 50% available (plugged in, not charging). It seems that my battery isn't holding any charge at all, as when I pull out the power adaptor my laptop just dies. Windows battery report shows that the battery is still in a recent condition. 

I already tried to re-install the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. 

All this happened just few weeks outside the warranty period. I now have an "ultra" desktop. Does anyone have the same experience?

Answers

• alicepattinson
    alicepattinson Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter
    Options

There really instances that after an udpdate, some goes wrong. The bad part is that it's after the warranty. Can you try another charger?

• nismox
    nismox Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Ok, I missed out on the battery reset button and that partially fixed the problem. 

The problem that I am now facing is that it won't charge beyond 87%. I know this is a common problem, but I don't think I bumped into a solutiono yet. Could someone please shed some lights?

This discussion has been closed.