Acer Aspire P3 having tons of problems

Options
VRdelaCruz
VRdelaCruz Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm having a lot of problems with my Aspire P3. Since we bought it, there have been problems with both Windows 8 and Office 365, but now so many issues have cropped up that I'm beginning to believe that it's the hardware, not the software. Please let me know if any of this looks familiar. If any of these are specific to Windows,please let me know and I'll take my concerns to Microsoft as well. 

Today the biggest problems are:

Right click no longer works on the desktop. Trying to right click on something in order to rename it, for example, just brings up the spinning blue circle indefinitely. If I try to break the cycle by clicking on something else, the entire desktop disappears and then pops back up. 

The tablet side of Windows said it couldn't connect to the internet even though the desktop side could, and the store tab wouldn't open. 

Generally, the entire computer has been running slowly, taking as long as a minute to respond to commands. I ran a spyware check and have scanned the machine using our anti-virus.

We bought the computer less than two months ago, so this is incredibly disappointing and frustrating. Any help you can offer would be wonderful. Thank you for your time. 

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

I suspect the system needs to be rebuilt but when the spinning circle is just sitting there is is either doing something or waiting for something. Task Manager will tell you what services are most active then.

As to the mouse, go to Device Manager, open "Mice and other...", uninstall everything (but do not delete), then reboot and let it reinstall. If that doesn't restore the mouse you may have a hardware issue.

OTOH if the mouse click is stuck on that could explain everything. To check go to Control Panel >Mouseand see if anything unusual is checked. Try switching right and left buttons and see if the reight click still does nothing.

• ptrkhh
    ptrkhh Member Posts: 72 Troubleshooter
    Options

Dont forget Control Panel > Pen and Touch > Right-click

This discussion has been closed.