Slow hard drive

Options
Freggah
Freggah Member Posts: 2 New User
So im having a acer aspire v3 571g and it is awesome
Every part of it is fast, except the hard drive it is a :TOSHIBA MQ01ABD075 HDD 2,5 sata 750g
Data transfer rate 40mb/s
Costs around 60$, but i was Wondering if it was possible to upgrade the hard drive to better one, like a ssd or something, that can fit in the laptop, please help me! Smiley Happy

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Freggah, I found two reputable reviews of your laptop. With a quad-core CPU and 6 gigs of RAM, your laptop is fast at everything except file transfer. Something had to give; for about $800, you have a very powerful rig.

If you take your laptop to a reputable computer shop, they can tell you what's available, but laptops are far more finicky than desktops--you'll have trouble getting drivers that work well. So let me give some suggestions:

1) install the free WinPatrol program to see what kind of junk you have running in the background and at start-up. Don't delete anything; just Disable it until you are sure you don't need it. And don't interfere with anything from Microsoft or Acer.

2) Install the free Malwarebytes program, which does not interfere with your antivirus. I was surprised when a deep scan found over 1100 objects. I was even more surprised when deleting them had no effect on my laptop, but still you should set a System Restore Point first.

3) Install the free SuperAnti-Spyware program, which will also not interfere with your antivirus. It gets a few things that Malwarebytes misses.

• Freggah
    Freggah Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks! Gonna call the store i bought it from.
This discussion has been closed.