Help needed to fix my Acer but Support poor and nonexistent

Options
LVREYNOSO
LVREYNOSO Member Posts: 1 New User

Dear All,

I am from the Philippines and I bought an Acer aspire notebook product ( SNID no.****) frm Costco in Pleasanton, California last Nov 2011 during a vist to the US during their  Thanskgiving sale period. After only approximately eight months ( 8) or last July 2012 the screen went blank. I took it to the local authorized  ACER support provider in Manila and  was told that the problem was the LCD screen. Unfortunately , they do not have replacement screen parts on stock and have to order it overseas. Another concern was that they ( provider) weren't sure whether they could order the right part and if they could, it would take an unknown number of months before it can be expected to arrive.

Up to now this situation has been unresolved. This is not the kind of service and support that we were expecting from a global company like ACER. Because of this  I am deeply regretful of the purchase I made and wish to put this to the attention of the ACER team and those consumers who would like to put in their hard-earned dollars to buy a good PC notebook aned expect decent customer support.

Up to now I am still waiting for any idea to settle this and would even go to paying for my own replacement screen ( if that is worth it) just to have some satisfaction out of this product that I bought.

Tsk,tsk.

Deeply disappointed,

LV

Philippines 

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi LV

I'm sorry to hear the bad luck you've had with Acer support. Under your warranty, they should have repaired your laptop, or even replaced it if the parts were not available! I suppose now it is out of the warranty period they won't do anything about it.

Best suggestion is to pay & have it fixed at a local PC store, it would certainly work out cheaper than a new one!

This discussion has been closed.