Acer Aspire 6935 strange sound.

Options
Codeblind
Codeblind Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an acer aspire 6935G, and about three months ago a strange gurgling noise started coming from it, initially I thought it was the cooling fan, after some investigation this was dismissed, then I asked google and some of the results were concerned with the hard drive, so I bought a replacement and installed Windows 7 on it but the same noise continued, its coming from an area right circled in red in the photo, has anyone had or heard of this problem, it seems to be quite loud when in normal position, if I tilt the keyboard upwards so it vertical the noise dissappears..do I need to replace the heatsink componant ? 

acer issues.png

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Codeblind, a heat sink has no moving parts, so that can't be it. Have you checked the fan on your video card?

• Codeblind
    Options

No I haven't, I think your suggestion sounds more like the issue as I am experiencing some problems with display, ie video etc etc, I will investigate further thanks..

• Codeblind
    Options

Issue was solved it turned out that the it was the CPU fan that was making the racket, what confused me was when I opened up my comp to investigate I turned it upside down which moved the fans moving parts from rubbing or grinding so the noise stopped and so the only other moving part would be the hard drive, as like suggested the graphic card was built in and has some copper tube feeding cool air to that, what turned out a £10 fix cost me over £100 as I bought a new HD drive and W7 to install on it, thanks anyway people. 

This discussion has been closed.