Updated Bios, Loud Fan

Options
GioL
GioL Member Posts: 3 New User

I recently updated the bios on my v5-571 laptop with Windows 7 64-bit. I updated it to the latest 1.22 version. Now, even opening a simple webpage turns the fan on, and it is very loud. It only takes about 10% cpu activity for the fan to turn on to full power. Before this bios update, the fan was silent only until the processor would reach 80%+ activity. Is there a way to roll back the bios or fix this issue otherwise?

Thanks

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Giol, you actually have two problems. Why is the fan turning on so often now? I recommend that you install the free CoreTemp program and see what kind of temperatures you're getting. Maybe your BIOS is fouling you up, and maybe your new BIOS is correcting a problem that was already there.

Your second problem is hardware--you need to replace your fan.

• GioL
    Options

Im getting temperatures of 35-43C depending on the processor load. That seems fairly normal to me, and the laptop has always been cool to the touch on top and bottom

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

In tht case, Giol, you have a hardware problem with your fan. I recommend that you take it to a reputable computer shop.

• GioL
    Options

I do not believe it is a hardware problem. The fan works fine, it's just that the bios runs it too often, too fast. I was not having any fan problems before the update.

This discussion has been closed.