Acer Aspire V3-551G Windows 7 Install

Options
bandbrsr
bandbrsr Member Posts: 1 New User

I don't like Win 8.0 so I decided to install my copy of Win 7.0 Pro which I like better.  So I formatted the drive and since my copy of Win 7 is an upgrade I have to install Win XP SP3 first.  Not a problem right, WRONG!!  I got rid of Win 8.0 off the machine alright, however I have tried everything I can think of to install Win XP SP3 including making FAT32 partitions and attempting to install Win 98SE.  Now I am NOT a novice I have been repairing and building computers for nearly 30 years, but this one has got me stumped.  I have tried what I call a standard hard drive set up.  You know primary partition set active with extended partition and a couple of logical partitions just to try installing an OS.  I tried FS=NTFS for Win XP and everything looks great until it says starting Windows and it gives be the blue screen of death.  So I reduced size of partitions and set FS=FAT32 and tried Win XP again and again got the kiss of death.  At this point I tried installing Win 98SE and it locks up the computer at some point.  I even had it tell me that it didn't have enough memory.

SO, I tried a GPT drive setup, that didn't work either.  Same kiss of death screen.  I don't why I writting all this down, because I don't even know where it is going if anywhere!!  If it does get someone's attention sure would appreicate some HELPPPPPPPPPP!!

WJR

This discussion has been closed.