Aspire E1 572G screen resolution

Options
martin900
martin900 Member Posts: 6 New User

I have an E1 572G with 4500U CPU and 8670M graphics. Just after I bought it I dumped the Windows 8 and formatted the whole disk, installed a fresh Windows 7 64Bit but there are no ATI gpu and USB 3.0 drivers available for Win 7.

So I installed Windows 8.1 that I got from Dreamspark and I can't get it to work properly either - after installing the
GPU driver the icons looks squeezed from left and right, it looks so unnatural.

I'm using the native 1366x768 resolution

Tried all settings and still no luck....

After my adventures with a 7740 I was stupid enough to buy another Acer but now I'm certain this was the last one, If I can't get 7 x64 to work properly that thing will be a door stop for me.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi martin

There are lots of compatibility problems with 8.1 - not all Windows 8 machines can run 8.1. This is mainly a Microsoft issue and not an Acer one - you could have the same problem on a laptop that was Dell, HP or any other make!

I would check the Acer support site for your region to see if there is an updated graphics driver for 8.1. If there isn't, then I'd suggest to revert back to 8.0 using the recovery partition or the recovery disks.

• martin900
    martin900 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Hello Finlux,

There are windows 8.1 drivers available, these are the ones I used. I deleted all the partitions while installing Windows 8.1 so no recovery anymore Smiley Wink 

I've finally installed Windows 7 x64 and will have to cope with only Intel onboard graphics working and no USB3.0.

This discussion has been closed.