Acer Aspire V7 3 weeks old

Options
Steve323
Steve323 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi I know nothing about computers,  but have my old toshiba that gets me where I want to go.  I recently purchased an Acer Aspire V7 3 weeks ago for my son from a Kaye and Co catalouge fro my son.  My wife and I were away for the weekend and on returning home he had managed to delete windows 8 and all the touch screen icons,  the whole lot and it now has windows 7 on it and even that doesnt work.  How can I reset this to the original way the computer was when I bought it.  I called ACER helpline but an Indian woman said I couldnt do it and offered me no other help other than press the F10 key four times and repeatedly turn it off,  an yes it goes into system restore but to windows 7.  I called PC world for advice and they say he has deleted all the partitions whatever that means.

I now have a red faced son,  and a computer that doent function,  can anybody tell me where to go with this.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Steve!

Did you (or he) burn a recovery USB drive or DVD's?

Hopefully, he hasn't deleted the recovery partition. This is used to restore the laptop to the day you bought it!

Switch on the laptop - press ALT & F10 as soon as you see the Acer Logo. This should allow access to the recovery partition, so that Windows 8 can be re-installed.

If he has deleted that as well, then there may be recovery media that you can buy direct from Acer. Call Acer again to see if there are any available for your machine.

This discussion has been closed.