Aspire One D257-13404 wifi trouble

Options
Ed_B
Ed_B Member Posts: 2 New User
The wifi detects my home network but does not stay connected. I have to repeatedly reset my router to get it to connect but now it doesn't even stay connected. I've recently completed a full restoration but the same thing occurs. All other devices detect and stay connected to home network with no problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Ed, I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Because there are several possible causes, there are several possible solutions.

Are you still using the original Windows 7 Starter operating system? If you upgraded, you destroyed your Acer drivers. Acer will happily let you download them for free, but there's a problem--they're not designed for your current operating system.

If you can't solve the problem with Acer drivers, download one of the free driver search programs on the web, and SET A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT before installing any of them.

Run a deep scan with your antivirus system. I also  recommend the free Malwarebytes program, which does not interfere with any AV system.

• Ed_B
    Ed_B Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi Vince53,

Thanks for your reply. I am still using the original Windows 7 Starter OS.  Here is a little history. From Day 1, the wireless feature has not worked properly where I've had to reset my router whenever I shut the Acer down or when the battery fully depleted to get it to connect to my wireless network.  At that point, it would stay connected but now it doesn't want to connect at all.  It does detect my wireless network or any other wifi network in the area for that matter but it does not complete the connection. I am using AVG antivirus software and installed it immediately after doing a restore from the hidden partition.  Lastly, the adapter in my Netbook is the Intel Wireless-N 100. 

Any other thoughts?  Thanks.

Ed

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Ed, I hate to say this, but if the WiFi didn't work well from day 1, you should have gotten a refund while the store warranty was still good. Having said that, you have either a hardware or a software problem, and I recommend taking it to a good computer shop.

This discussion has been closed.