w510 no audio at all

Options
renetarderet
renetarderet Member Posts: 3 New User

so all of a sudden i have gotten no audio on my tablet with the dock..

¨The tab frequently blue screens with the sdbus_internal_error or just hangs..

turning the volume sliders up and down does nothing.

i have tried formating several times, both with orignal acer windows but with fresh win 8 and 8.1 as well.. using the 3.02, 3.01 and older driver packs with no resolution..

bios is updated with the newest 2.00 version aswell..

when i try to play a youtube video either via explorer or a youtube app the app or video crashes or says it cannot be played... if i uninstall the audio driver the video plays fine with no audio...

i reboot the system between driver removal and new installs all the time and run everything as administrator..

also if i try to play a "test sound" via the control panel and sound menu it says it cannot be played...

its getting REALLY frustrating......

any tips?

Answers

• disgusted
    disgusted Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options

Not techie enough to help you, but I have had similar problems with no sound, mushy sound, unintelligible sound, and not being able to pplay videos on IE 11 and latest Chrome since this mess with the 8.1 update started of W510. Restarts frequuently have resolved at least sound issue for a while, but seems not a permanent fix. Have had trouble with HuluPlus and YouTube, too.

• renetarderet
    Options

My problem is that the sound does not work AT ALL ..

Restarting does not help a thing :/

acer is pretty slow at answering their mails aswell :/ i was very happy with the tablet when it worked... now i really regret :/

• disgusted
    Options

To solve my problems took from Oct 17 to Nov 25. Hopefully you can solve yours faster. Sorry restarting

didn't help. But others here can help.

• renetarderet
    Options

thank you..

the acer rep told me today that he will order a pickup for the tablet..

crossing my fingers that it will be fixed soon..

• mysaidi007
    mysaidi007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Mine also have same problem. No sound at all. Very sad. Hope acer will look on this post.

• disgusted
    Options

Man, beginning to think this is an item for Craig's list. Wal-Mart will give you $35  for it with keyboard only as a trade-in. From $550 or $650 to $35 in less than a year and not operating. I am disgusted. And unable to get help with hardware or software update  problems too. Have no idea whether software updates will deck my 8.1 system. Sorry for all of us having problems with our W510‘s. Certainly a bad notebook as far as I can tell.

This discussion has been closed.