Acer or Intel Drivers?

Options
kasun12345
kasun12345 Member Posts: 10 New User

Hi I own an Acer E1-572. I've got a little problem about choosing drivers. Because acer doesn't update the drivers very often. Such as Intel GMA, Intel Managenement Interface and Intel Chipset installation drivers. My problem is that is it okay to install intel drivers rather than installing outdated acer drivers? Will it affect my laptop's performance or some other thing? (It's about Windows 8.1 and Windows 8) 

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi kasun12345

It shouldn't really matter - Intel write all their own drivers for their products, and not Acer. So as long as it is the correct driver you will be OK.

You can always right click a device listed in Device Manager, and select "Update Driver Software" or use a the system scanner that Intel provide on their site.

• kasun12345
    Options

So that means acer doesn't really make modifications to those intel drivers to suit their Notebooks? 

I thought they always make some changes to the generic intel drivers. 

• finlux
    Options

No, as far as I'm aware the drivers are generic for the particular device in the laptop. If another OEM uses the exact same device, the driver will be the same.

• kasun12345
    Options

Does the same applies to the other drivers? such as LAN, Wireless and bluetooth?

so we can download the other drivers from their vendor websites? 

• finlux
    Options

Yes, but ONLY if it the same item. Be very careful - downloading wrong drivers can really screw things up big style.

It is best if you use the correct channels, otherwise you could end up reinstalling Windows!

• kasun12345
    Options

Yeah. I know that. Other drivers are also littlebit hard to find too. 

This discussion has been closed.