Netbook Fan not working

Options
rebirth01
rebirth01 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, so I bought this Acer Aspire One 722 netbook last two years ago and just unboxed it today and found out that the fan is not working. So basically its been on storage for two years and never opened since it was purchased(don't ask why), is this why the fan doesn't work? It's inside a sealed box for two years and I don't think dust got inside the fan. I updated everything from the OS, drivers, and BIOS. It's working perfectly fine except for the cpu overheating causing the system to shut down. Any advice?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi rebirth01!

It might be something easy like a cable worked loose. If you're confidant to open up the laptop it might be something you can do yourself.

Or take it along to your local PC store, and they can check it out (and replace any parts if necessary) for you!
  • rebirth01
    rebirth01 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I can open it up but how will I know that the fan is defective and needs replacement or just faulty wirings? I don't want to spend money on this old machine.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options
    Just make sure that the fan cable is connected tightly to the mobo, and that there is no loose wire. Finally check that the fan moves freely.

I'm sure it wouldn't cost much to repair- it is worth asking at your local store.....
This discussion has been closed.