Winows 8 (alot of issues)

Options
HH1
HH1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Acer and my rage on the community page.

Hi,

I bought a Acer Aspire desktop (model: M3985) from office works NSW in July 2013. It was working 100% fine when i started to use it but an hour to 2 hours of using the new computer my drivers were out of date and that i had viruses and issues with the computer, Acer didn't know what to do so my house mate helped me with then and got it to work correctly again until August 2013 with my first problem started when i was unable to uninstall an application. I asked my house mate about how to get rid of the application i followed his instructions and still it wouldn't uninstall. I ended up doing a Factory restore so my computer was like brand new, under the instructions of an Acer Technical Support Representative (TSR) for window's 8, the application was still there until i decided to screw it up then uninstall which work thank god.

Mid October i had to do a factory restore once again due to another problem when my disk drive would respond and my computer deleting data with out permission and over seas websites install c**p with out permission which buggered my computer so i factory restored it again just like i did the first time but then i had even more issues.

With over 18 calls to Acer to get help they told me that its a software problem so i had to call Microsoft/windows, as i did that while on hold i hung up due to my computer start to erase everything at that point i knew it wasn't a software issue as i had to call Acer again with this problem even though im talking to the technical support department they keep transferring me to another department telling me that i have to send it to them, as i didn't have the funds to do so i just left it and got my house mate to look at it and he fixed it for me.

The third time with doing a factory restore on my computer was because Acer wasn't any help with giving me some advice/support on my computer refusing to follow instructions and what i mean is that im the only user and only administrator on the computer. My computer wasn't allowing me to do things and stopping me from using my computer correctly but once again Acer need me to pay to get my computer fixed i refused and argued the point with the technical support representative over the phone he ended up telling me how to fix the problem by another factory restore at this point i was getting  with Acer and this computer cause with the factory restore and restore points it was becoming more unusable.

then on the 22nd November 2013 i had to do another factory reset because i had no control of my computer i was unable to use the computer:

according to my computer

1) www.google.com.au was an unsafe site and i was advice not to use that site due to it could harm my computer.

2) Optimizer pro constantly installs it self with out permission (while there is no internet connection) and tells me that i have over 2000 issues with my computer.

3) unable to download anything.

4) Windows Internet Explorer (default internet) crashes and says there is an error with every new page that opens and tabs. crashes when i use YouTube and says its unsafe.

5) DVD's, CD's, PC games and disc will not load or install correctly.

plus many more issues

From the 22nd November up till now i have been on the phone and internet look for solutions and arguing with Acer about this issue.

Staff in the technical support department have no idea what they are doing and the only solutions they come up with is "You will have to send to computer to Acer so it can be repaired, if you intend to proceed with this option there will be a small fee" or they say "You will need to perform a factory restore and start again".

As most of you know they ask for an SNID number which is location on the side or back of your desktop or under you laptop near the battery, every time i call i tell them that there is no SNID number how ever the first time i called up the guy was able to tell me how to gain the SNID number through the computer but i forgot how to do so but no other staff member can do that.

Acer Technical Support Representative's have no idea how to fix problems they practically only give you 2 options which is start again or gives us more money, i have calls ended spoken to rudely, never got calls returned with help. i have already put complaints in about the TSR as well as one manager and one supervisor.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hello!

The main issue here is that you seem to have picked up some Virus and/or Malware which is causing problems with your machine - see here. Make sure you have a decent AV and Anti-Malware programs installed and run regular scans. Check that your firewall is turned on too.

As for Acer support, there appears to be many here who complain about their (lack of) customer service. Perhaps Acer need to put some more thought into helping people with their problems and make their customer service department something to be proud of!

I hope you get your problems sorted...

This discussion has been closed.