Predator SSD not used?

Options
wbiesty
wbiesty Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a predator ag3-605-ur20 that came with a 24GB SSD that windows sees as Local Disk D: but it is unusable, asking if I want to format.

Computer manager reports it is Healthy but a RAW format not NTFS.

Other places report this drive is used to speed up boot times. But is seems everything is on the 3TB HD C.

Interestingly the HD has 5 (five) partitions, all healthy, of the following sizes: 300MB, 400MB, 2776GB, 349MB, 17GB.

The 400MB is an EFI partition, the 2776GB partition is the OS. All the others are described as Recovery.

All are listed as 100% FREE space except the 2776GB.

Did I get screwed? Are all my recovery partitions empty leaving me unable to recover the computer?

How is or even is the SSD being used?

William

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi...

Your computer is shipped with 24GB SSD.

The 24GB SSD drive is used for storing the current PC state just as you left it. It would Pop back your PC and any Websites, emails or docs you had open are instantly restored.
    Here's the specification details of your computer  Specification
  • wbiesty
    wbiesty Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for your reply. I checked the specifications link you gave and it doesn't even mention the 24GB SSD only the 3TB HD.

What I would really like to know is how can I use the SSD in a different way? That is how do I change how windows 8 uses the SSD? 

Any help is appreciated.

William

This discussion has been closed.