Aspire One d-150 wont turn on after I put it back...

Options
glennaui
glennaui Member Posts: 3 New User

Good day to all!

I have a problem with my Acer Aspire One D-150.

I am familiar on how to disassemble and assemble any computers, laptops, netbookts, etc. And also I am very careful of doing so. I am a computer technician here in the Philippines. And yet I was puzzled because this was the first time that I have encounter this problem

First, I notice that my netbook was having a problem on the speaker so I examined it. Until I discovered that it was broken. The netbook was working properly by the way.

I took apart the netbook until it reaches the speaker. When I am disassemblying the device I did nothing wrong, I properly removed every sockets and ports like the keyboard, touchpad, LCD, etc. There where no scratches on the board also, a proved that I didnot damage it. I replace the speaker with a new one.

After putting it back together and turning it on, there was no display. The only one thing working was just the baterry light indicator. It flashes when charging and fully charged. No respond from the processor but I was sure that I did not damage it because it was mounted below the device and very far away from the speaker.

So I took down again every part and test the electric continuity using a tester and every switch, ports was working fine and electric current flows properly. And that is when I am having a problem, I cannot detect where did I go wrong.

Can somebody share their Ideas, or can share their experience if you encoutered something like this...

Thank you and good day!

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Try taking out the battery, unplugging the unit and then pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. If you didn't do anything wrong then this should force the system to boot properly by resetting the POST status' to defaults. If it doesn't work it's entirely likely that something did go wrong. If you're seeing lights but no display it could mean that the BIOS is corrupt or that the LCD cable has detached.

In my experience what you're seeing should be easily solved by doing a power drain as I described above. If it doesn't work feel free to post back and we can look into other options.

• glennaui
    Options

Ok... Thanks! I'll try that...

But how do I do it? are the ram and hard disk attached or unplugged? Is the charger still plugged?

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

"Try taking out the battery, unplugging the unit and then pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds."

No, the unit is not plugged in, all internal devices are attached. The unit should be fully assembled, with only the battery removed. It should be unplugged from the power adapter. Then you just press and hold the power button. Hold it for a minimum of 30 seconds, feel free to hold longer to be sure.

• glennaui
    Options

Ok... Thanks...

This discussion has been closed.