Acer V3-551-8469 Power Issue

Options
pyslarash
pyslarash Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, this week I started having a problem with my Acer. I plug the power in and work on it, and it starts turn off the AC connection and work on battery, then it goes back to AC. It does it frequently sometimes, and sometimes not. I changed the AC cable and AC input in the laptop itself. I thought that it might be caused by the amount of devices I use (even though all of them have extra power supplies) and plugged them off, but it didn't help. I plugged my laptop to a couple other plugs, but it did not help either. I thought it might be a software problem, so I am using Ubuntu now, but it still switches from power to battery and back.

Do you know what the problem might be? I cannot really send it for maintenance right now because I'm having finals, but this problem bugs me a little bit. It works just fine from battery, but when it comes to the plug, it does not want to work properly.

Thank you.

Alex

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Alex!

You may have a problem with the charger or even a loose connection on the laptop.

Try using a different charger - just make sure it is the same input/output voltage as your existing one, to see if the same thing happens. If it does, then I'd suggest a problem with the socket, which will need a professional to repair.

• pyslarash
    pyslarash Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for your reply. I tried a new charder and even changed the input from the charger in laptop. The problem still exists. However, after I took the battery off and plugged the computer, it started working with no problems. It only has these issues when it is charging.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options
    If it only has the issues when charging, even after using a different charger, then you have a problem with your battery.

A replacement battery should solve your problem!
This discussion has been closed.