Acer 3830 Will not turn on.

Options
Qwert
Qwert Member Posts: 1 New User

So a couple of weeks ago my brother closed the laptop and went to sleep without charging it. The next morning the laptop wouldn't turn on. It didn't work for a couple of days. We never gave the laptop a second thought until Saturday. My cousin randomly decides to power it up and it works. So on Sunday it worked fine until it started acting weird. In google chrome instead of switching tabs the mouse button closed the tabs. So it closed all my tabs and kept trying to start chrome and get it to work. But to no success. This even happened in Firefox. So I decided I would give the laptop a break and I closed it. Monday morning I opened it up and it didn't work. Now the laptop wont turn on. I press the power button and the power button turns blue but the screen does not change. The laptop has been charging the whole time since then. I am going to assume that it might be related to the google chrome issue because that has occurred before.

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Please try the below steps.

1) Remove the power adaptor and Battery.

2) Press and keep hoalding the power button at least 40 seconds.

3) Connect the power adaptor without fixing battery.

4) Power on the laptop .

5) After logon to the windows, Shout down the laptop.

6) Fix the battery and connect the power adaptor . Now power on the laptop again.

Please try this. Hope it will help you

Thanks 

This discussion has been closed.