IPS Displays on V5-122P Laptops

Options
draawede
draawede Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a V5-122p-0643.  I was wondering if all of the V5-122p units have IPS displays.  I noticed in the specs (on the ACER web site) that my 0643 has an IPS Display (with respect to Display Technology) while the 0649 does not mention it at all!  Is there a way to tell which model has an IPS Display and which one does not?

Answers

• draawede
    Options

I figured I'd keep my own thread going! 

"In-Plane Switching (IPS) was one of the first refinements to produce significant gains in the light-transmissive characteristics of TFT panels.   Jointly developed by Hosiden and NEC, it is a technology that addresses the two main issues of a standard twisted nematic (TN) TFT display: colour and viewing angle."  (pctechguide.com)

The specs for my V5-122P-0643 discribe its display technology as IPS.  Other V5-122P's don't included this in the specifications.

Do we all have IPS displays or is this like the backlite keyboards, buy it and find out?! 

• draawede
    Options

I guess my original question able ISP Displays is not very interesting.  I'll be back when my V5 is on Life Support in ICU. Robot Happy 

This discussion has been closed.