Performance problems with my laptop

Options
bubalu
bubalu Member Posts: 2 New User

hello,

I have a laptop Acer V5-571g (i5 1,7gh, 8gh ram, gforce gt620m)

I have performance problems with my cpu and gpu when i am playng. Most of the times my cpu and gpu are at half power, and my fps are really low. Im cheking it with MSI Afterburner. the gpu temperatures never are to high (50º-60º) maybe cause the gpu is working at half power.
I know that my gt620 is not the best card but im playing in all the game with all shettings at minimum.
I am sure that the game is using gt620m and not using intel graphic card. Maybe the problem is optimus, sometimes gt620m stops working and intel card is working, I dont know. But i am forcing from nvidia control panel to use GT 620m.
All my drivers are updatet.
I've tried with several games and is allways the same

I will be very thankful if anyone know something about that.

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

There is a way to use required application by using High-porformance GPU. Please follow the below steps. 

1) Go to the Nvidia control Panel > Desktop (it is in the tool bar) > Select , Add " Run with Graphic Proccessor" to context Menu 

2) Right click on the particular Game icon > Run with Graphic Pro > High Performance NVIDIA Pro

Now see the different. Hope this will help full to you.

Thanks & All The Best

• bubalu
    bubalu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for answer Smiley Happy

I have done this before, and nothing, how I said i'm sure that the game is running with High Performance NVIDIA but for some reason most of the times MSI afterburner is showing that is at half power, the same with the cpu. looks like something is doing cap on cpu and gpu.

This discussion has been closed.