Bad Graphics after 8.1 Upgrade!!!

Options
shazzmuzik
shazzmuzik Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Acer Aspire M3985 Desktop. I got the message to update to Windows 8.1. i did so, but when I looked at my Home screen, the graphics were like something from Windows 98.

I have downloaded the latest file from AMD - amd_catalyst_13.11_r9_290_whql. I tried to install it but it failed.
I went back to the older files I had downloaded in August - 13-4_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql
                                                                                      13-4_vista_win7_win8_32-64_hydravision

This worked, but my graphics are still awful. i have tried changed settings in Control Panel, relating to Personalisation, but nothing works!!!
There is an option in Catalyst, to extend the windows, to the outer edge, etc, but this is grayed out.
My windows do not extend to the outer edge of my 17" screen anymore. I am running  Samsung SyncMaster S27B350.  i do not know what to do and it is VERY annoying, and harder to see things on the screen now.

Pplease email me at shazzmuzik@dodo.com.au, or call on 0413557348 (Australia)

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Did you download the drivers from acer web site? if not please refer the below mentioned link

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Then select your model and O/S

• shazzmuzik
    shazzmuzik Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Sorry, but of course I did. That is a given, well, for me anyways.

I am just so frustrated with this at the moment. Nothing is working except a resolution (native) that is "full screen" but really dirty" to look at.

I just want my graphics back to what they were before this stupid upgrade.

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Dear Friend,

Can you please try out total shoutdown as per the below instruction,

1) Settings > Change PC Settings >General > Advanced Startup - Restart Now > Turn Off your PC.

**Please check your GPU Type , Isn't it Nvidia? Most of the time I have seen Acer comes with Nvidia GPUs. 

Thanks 

This discussion has been closed.