H340 Red Lights Disk 2 and 3

Options
Wood
Wood Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the Aspire Easy Store H340 showing solid red lights in bays 2 and 3 and will not boot. The bottom bay (#1?) has the original drive with the warning sticker, I assume it has the software. I have one another 2 TB drive set up as a back-up to #1 in bay #3. I have the three original installation CDs: PC Recovery, Software Installation and Server recovery *but* I am a laymen as far as computers go so don't know what to do.

I assume the disk in bay #1 with the OS is dead (I've been hearing whining off and on for a while and thinking now it must have been the drive complaining). Can I purchase a new hard drive and use one of the installation disks to get the OS loaded and how do I get the data from my "backup disk" in bay #3 "synced" with this new disc???

I am not a computer geek and will need a bit of hand holding to get through this. Thank you for any help!! 

Answers

• Fletcher-Acer
    Fletcher-Acer VIP Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

My name is Fletcher. According to the post you the Easy Store has red light on bays 2&3. The drive in bay#1 does contain the operating system. If the H340 can be access thru your home network, we may have a chance to retrieve your data. Even if the drive is whining, we can save the other drive from be lost by this process:

Removing a hard disk drive

Caution: Always remove the hard drive from the Windows Home Server Console before removing an HDD from the home server.

You will lose all files on a hard drive if you physically disconnect the HDD from your home server without running the Remove a

Hard Drive Wizard and you can no longer find the hard drive in order to connect it again.

Safely remove hard drive from the Windows Home Server Console.

(1) Double-click the Windows Home Server icon in the system

tray.

(2) Log on to the Windows Home Server Console.

(3) Click the Server Storage tab.

(4) Select the hard drive you want to remove, then click Remove

to run the Remove a Hard Drive Wizard.

(5) Click Next.

(6) Click Finish.

(7) The HDD indicator of the selected drive lights purple.

If this is done we can replace the broken hard drive in bay#1 with a new one and reload the H340 operating system.

This discussion has been closed.