Acer S2W 4300U scanner drivers win 7

nostalgia
nostalgia Member Posts: 3 New User

I have this scanner  Acer S2W 4300U .. worked very well on winxp .. now i can not find any driver update for it for win7

i have been looking and can not find anything ....... any help

Answers

• Probably not the solution you were looking for but...

If drivers are not available, you may wish to consider 'Vuescan'.

Unfortunately it is not free but at least you can trial it to see if it would be suitable.

http://www.hamrick.com/#download

I have used this for years on a variety of scanners. It is so good that I never even load original drivers/software.

• nostalgia

this dose not work !!! the version is too old and dose not work with windows 7

any solution for an updated driver originaly from Acer to this scanner ??? I found all drivers for my PC components for windows 7 ... and never for this scanner !!!!

• nostalgia

i installed the veuscan software .. now i can make a scan and there is a driver installed for the scanner.. i can view it in the device manager under my computer properties !!!

i tried to install the mirascan .. but it never detect the driver !!!  the front bottons in the scanner now disabled !!!

is there any better software solution using the same driver (installed by veuscan) but better !!!???

• Unfortunately, Vuescan is a stand-alone scanner application. It is not a generic scanner driver that other software can piggyback - the driver element can only be utilised by Vuescan.

If you check under 'Prefs', you can configure up to four buttons but you can only select from 'Scan', 'Print', 'Preview' and 'Save'.
    These may not map to your scanner buttons but you should bear in mind that the emphasise is firmly on providing arguably one of the most comprehensive scanner programs available. If you require the best quality scans then I wouldn't look elsewhere.

For the record, I am in no way associated with Hamrick. As I said before, I've used Vuescan for years and would not consider anything else! However, I do recognise that it may not meet your requirements. I have looked but have not been able to find a Win7 driver for your particular scanner - sorry.

This discussion has been closed.