Liquid E2 duo - battery

Options
batterie
batterie Member Posts: 10 New User

Hello,

my battery discharges too fast, it lasts about 1-2 days.

Even w phonecard switched off (i.e. no calls made or received too) and phone switched off at night.

Use is about 1-3h of WLAN based Web-Surfing (otherwise WLAN connection switched off). Eventually playing some pieces of music ( w and w/o headphones) from MicroSD, for an hour. Display illumination and the rest, i believe, have default settings (wouldn't swear - need to get used to the tiny icons & stuff - medium size male finger size).

Liquid E2 duo specs tell me that standby should last 450h, conversation 9h. So I'd have expected a fully charged battery to hold several days, at least under the moderate use described above.

Does this sound normal or is that battery faulty ?

Thanks for opinions.

Answers

• WillL
    WillL Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Options
    1-2 days sounds about the same as my phone so probably OK.
  • batterie
    Options

thank you for the feedback. Meanwhile I red similar on the web..

But how does that figure with a supposed standby of 450h or call duration of 9h ? Doesn't figure to me..

• WillL
    WillL Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Options

450 hours is 18/19 days. I reckon if you fully charged your phone and didn't touch it, it would last 5 days max.

• batterie
    Options

seems that the spec values are obtained under unreal usage conditions. What seems to be true not only for the otherwise very nice ACER Liquid.

Suggestion ACER is: PLEASE - give us a battery w twice the capacity of the actual one !!

• lucderoeck
    lucderoeck Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I noticed that from time to time, the gps function is ON, what takes a lot of energy. Some apps need the gps to update. I always switch to gps OUT, but an hour later it's back ON. Maybe this is a reason that your battery is empty after a day or so. Check it out.
  • batterie
    Options

I am having the phone in standby since 9 days and it states 43% battery. That looks similar to specs. With 'standby' i mean standby, not touching the phone: no phone calls, no surfing & WLAN off, no display light use - probably the biggest energy drag. If one switched off the SIM card too, duration might exceed specs - but what 'standby' would that be.. ;-)

So the 'only problem' is when you use the phone. Seems that medium usage (as described originally) yields a 1-2 day battery resistance - as with comparable state-of-the-art phones. So that's that. Support told me that there isn't a double capacity battery. Suggestion was to have a 2nd battery ready to swap, if on the road w/o current source.

Besides that - great piece of technology&Science.

• esquecido
    esquecido Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I've been having exactly the same experience.

It's slightly frustrating, but it's a relief to know that it's not my battery/phone which is not running well Smiley Tongue

This discussion has been closed.