Acer AS1410-8804

Options
Novalis2013
Novalis2013 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I'm new to the acer community.

I've had the Acer AS1410 now for 4 years. Recently I checked to see if I can upgrade the ram memory from 2GB to 4GB. I found out Amazon.com sells 2GB ram memory specifically for the Acer AS1410-8804.

Ok, however, as I opened the cover to see if I have an extra slot available for the ram memory I noticed that there is a seemingly empty spot where something appears to have been taken out. I bought this laptop used. So, I guess the previous owner must have done it. It's the space right adjacent to where the wifi module is pluged in. When you open the cover to gain access to the ram memory cards, you see 4 spots. 2 of them are clearly for the ram memory; one is where the wifi module is located; however, there is also another one; however, on mine it is empty. I'm just wondering what I'm missing. 

If anyone knows, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you very much.

Aram

Answers

• Novalis2013
    Novalis2013 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Actually, what I meant to ask is about the RAM memory specifically...

Which one is correct?

Is it "2GB 200-Pin DDR2667Mhz SODIMM", or is it "2GB DDR2-667 PC2-5300 Non-ECC Unbuffered 200 Pin 1.8V CL=5 Memory"?

Do they both work? I don't know which one I should buy... I only have 2Gigabytes of RAM, but I want to upgrade to 4Gigabytes. Does anyone know?

Please help!!!

Thanks alot!

Aram

• Alan-London
    Options

From the documentation I have, it appears that the vacant socket to which you refer is shipped unpopulated. I haven't found any reference to what it is for. You may also find that a cable is taped there which would prevent the insertion of an additional card so it is likely that it's not intended to be used.

The maximum RAM should be 4GB (2GBx2). I suggest you go to the Crucial site and run their scanner to determine suitable RAM:

http://www.crucial.com/uk/systemscanner

This discussion has been closed.