Iconia w510

Options
muji
muji Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi there,

I got this new tablet Iconia w510 yesterday, the problem I'm facing is that it keeps FREEZING and I have to restart it several times, but still freezes, very disappointed, anyone help please!!

Answers

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 84 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi Muji,

I would do all windows 8 updates, since it has been released there are many updates that have been released.

Also I would download the W510 Driver Application pack which is available from the Acer Support website. This will update

drivers/bios to the latest. These are a few things you can try to help solve your issue.

• Thomas
    Thomas Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

I have the same problem, even I have updated to newest win8 updates and acer drivers. I think this is a common problem for all Z2760/win8 systems. I heard other owners of W510 and Samsung XE500 having the similar issues.

• derf
    derf Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

touch pad causes freez up and is very jumpy   need updates

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

I've had mine for over a month now but have not had these problems. Of course I am using just the tab itself with accessories I had in the lab already and not the official keyboard/dock.

• mxd
    mxd Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Do you recommend any generic stand, since you don't use the original keyboard dock?

• spooner
    spooner Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I'm having the very same problem - it happens both with or without the docking station. Hope there will be a fix for that as it's super annoying... :/

• padgett
    Options

I bought this one (http://www.amazon.com/Viewsonic-G-Tablet-Case-Keyboard-Stand/dp/B004JF9N1O ) for my G-Tablet and with a little padding, the W510 fits OK. I also use a Targus travel mouse.

There are a number of other similar cases for under $20.

Note: you need one that has the numlock light so you know when to turn off to enter passwords.

• spooner
    Options

I hope I won't spoil it by saying that loading latest drivers pack helped... Smiley Happy

• padgett
    Options

When talking about updates, it would help if you said which version. I believe the latest driver package is 2.08 dated 18feb13 and BIOS 1.51 with the same date and size (may be the same file). I also notice that the earlier versions have now been removed. 

Unfortunately and as usual there is no description of the changes between the versions. I would suggest creating both a restore point and a recovery disk before applying.

• spooner
    Options

I had to RMA my first Iconia which had a lighter spot of pixels on the screen... and honestly, I was quite desperate to get rid of the freezing that I didn't really care about creating restore point or what not.

• targa72
    targa72 Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

Options

After installing update driver package 2.06 (I think that was the version) all lockup problems went away. I now have driver package 2.08 (newest version) and still no problems with lockup. Touch pad is still a little squirrelly but I use a wifi mouse when attached to the keyboard so no real problem. I agree with Padgett, wish they would tell use what changes (new features & bug fixes) were made with each update.

This discussion has been closed.