Iconia W3-810 issues with WIFI

Options
2»

Answers

• richardschoen
    richardschoen Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Trying the Bios update may help.

Quite honestly the W3 is a brick for the most part without good wifi.

There's no reason the Windows network services should be crashing.

I was one of the first to purchase one of these and had I spent more time with it early-on I would have returned it el-pronto.

Had a customer who purchased 7 of them and 6 out of 7 were DOA.

Went with the Lenovo Miix and is much happier.

Maybe a free trade-in for a W4 is warranted from Acer :-)

• Spider124
    Spider124 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

@leecollette

Do you use the 507 and 1014 events to trigger the batfiles?

Using the 507 event to disconnect en reconnect the wifi when the tablet comes out of standby, the limited connectivity problem doesnt seem to exist anymore, from an experience point of view.

Greetings Rene

• leecollette
    leecollette Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

Hi Rene,

Yes I tried your suggestion from earlier on, i. e., running a batch file triggered by the system event.  But it just froze the system.  I'll revisit it because obviously if it works fine on your w3, then it should work on mine also.  Thanks for the input

But, even if I get an automated stop/start to work, I think it will not help with dropped calls with Google Voice or Skype or any such connection dependent real time applications.

Regards,

Lee

• Spider124
    Spider124 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

hi Lee,

I see what you mean. I also had stability problems in the beginning. Here is what I did to solve mine.

I have an older Belkin F5D7230-4 b/g Router, which I use in Access Point mode. I have set up the wifi part in the Belkin in 54G-Only mode.

On the W3, under the Broadcom advanced settings I use only the 54g  mode, and I have tried to disable everything to do with the b mode and the n mode settings. No afterburner, no Xpress, no 40 mhz, etc

These settings give me the most stable connection once the tablet is on.

I dont know if this works for other tablet - router combinations..

IMO older routers is part of the problem, because they dont support all the features of the latest wifi routers.

My sister is using the W3 with a brand new Cisco EPC 3925 Wi-Fi modem and she never has connection problems.

good luck!

Rene

This discussion has been closed.