Acer S7 392-6832 battery not detected

Options
aressto
aressto Member Posts: 6 New User

I bought S7 from amazon as refubrished. 

And its not working couse it says "Battery not detected". Maybe it does't have it at all or maybe they are dead.

Where i can find replacement? I googled everything i could and i did't find anything.

Where to buy it? How to check that batteries are in place?

Answers

• aressto
    Options

Opened that backplate, the battery is in place. How to figure out is it dead or there is a problem with motherboard?

• aressto
    Options

Unpluged the battery and tryed to plug it in again.

Now windows says: 0% avaible (plugged in , not charging)

What should  i do?

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi...

You have the option to reset the battery using the battery reset pin hole.

You nned to Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds to reset the computer (simulates removing

and reinstalling the battery)

Are you able to use the computer with only AC adapter plugged in?

Your computer is shipped with a 4 cell 6280 mAh 2S2P lithium polymer main battery pack with part number

KT.00403.017

If you have purchase the computer in US or canada, you may purchase the battery directly from store.

If your computer is in warranty, you may contact Acer support to get a free replacement.

• aressto
    Options

Hello Sharanji! Thank you for response!

You have the option to reset the battery using the battery reset pin hole.

You nned to Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds to reset the computer (simulates removing

and reinstalling the battery)

While its working ?

Sharanji wrote:

Are you able to use the computer with only AC adapter plugged in? 

Yes, its working fine.

Sharanji wrote:

Your computer is shipped with a 4 cell 6280 mAh 2S2P lithium polymer main battery pack with part number

KT.00403.017

Thats right, thank you! but how can i be sure that battery is dead, not the device that charging it inside of s7 ?

If you have purchase the computer in US or canada, you may purchase the battery directly from store.

If your computer is in warranty, you may contact Acer support to get a free replacement.

I bought it on amazon as refubrished, and when i checked SNID on the acer site its say that it ended ever before i bought it Smiley Happy in September 2013, and i bought it in October 2013.

I cant find this battery in the shop.

• aressto
    Options

tryed the pinhole on the backplate - does't help

still no battery is detected s7 acer

• joelaw11220
    joelaw11220 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Here's the solution to this problem as posted on Tom's Hardware

Shane Andrews said:

I have been working on this model laptop for a friend of mine and after working on it, it would not see the battery. Working on computers for a living, this bothered me. After trying all of the proposed fixes, nothing worked. Alas, I had given up and decided to button the laptop back up. This is when I found the solution. It turns out that the battery HAS TO BE GROUNDED to the case in order to operate. It does this through a case screw. The particular case screw it uses is about 1.5 inches above the power indicator LED. If you press in that general area with the laptop plugged in, you will see it start to charge. In order to solve this issue permanently, make sure that the screw in this mounting hole in in tight. This has frustrated me to no end, but I am happy to finally have a solution.

It's sad that Acer couldn't figure this out or advise their customers of this fix.

This discussion has been closed.