W700 Package Contents - Acer please read

Happyboy
Happyboy Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter

I posted a while back and asked if anyone knew the package contents of the W700 in Canada. I received a reply that looked like it pretty well matched the US contents. So I ordered one.

Since then, I have checked a few different Canadian websites. One says that keyboards are extra, another says a docking keyboard is included while a third says docks are not included. Nothing is mentioned of a case. Another just doesn't mention any contents. Acers Canadian site just puts a indicator by the the docking station saying varies by region.

All these websites list the same 3 Canadian Packages - 6670 for the sandy bridge i3, 6827 for the ivy bridge i5 with 64GB storage and 6407 for the ivy bridge i5 with 128GB storage.

Has anyone purchased any of these and can varify what is included? 

Acer can you please indicate the contents? When ording something just under $1000 it should be reasonable to know what you are getting. I assume they don't vary by store.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I apologize that you are having trouble locating this information. All 3 of the models you mention ship with a keyboard dock, HDMI to VGA converter, and a Wiping cloth. I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Acer-Blayn

• Happyboy

Thanks for the reply Acer-Byayn. I notice you said it comes with a keyboard dock. I notice Best Buy also referes to it as a keyboard dock. I didn't think the Acer W700 had a keyboard dock. Do you mean a separate keyboard and dock or is it something new like the new keyboard and attached case that is to be available soon. Most of the Canadian sites are showing an availability date of January 18th, if that helps.

• cylemmulo
    cylemmulo Member Posts: 54

Tinkerer

I think he meant to say keyboard, dock  as in a keybaord and a dock

• Happyboy

Thats possible he meant keyboard, dock. However, one retailer here confirms the numbered W700's that I meantioned do not include a dock. Thats why I asked Acer for a clarification.

• LJH08
    LJH08 Member Posts: 50

Tinkerer

Well none of the Acer w700s come with a keyboarddock that is attachable laptop style... so I would assume he means the dock and bluetooth keyboard like the US models.. 

• Happyboy

LJH08, you are probably correct.  However, the  " Release Date" in Canada is listed as January 18th on most major Canadian sites, which has been put back from mid November. Mid-Januray is also supposed to be the date Acer makes the new Keyboard case available. Also, the American Best Buy site lists the keyboards  so that's it's obvious that you get a keyboard and a dock separately, while the Canadian uses Acer's term of a "keyboard dock".

Again, this probably means nothing, but it would be nice if Acer clarified as they are very up front on the U.S. contents.

This discussion has been closed.