ACER ASPIRE M3985

Options
alanxlizf
alanxlizf Member Posts: 1 New User

My acer aspire bought only five months ago has now got the black screen of death. It will not load windows 8 and there is no  way I can access the recovery system programmes. My recovery cd does not load up either and everything on here seems to refer to the system recovery programme. Pressing the relative keys F8, F10 etc. does nothing at all and when i go into the bios any changes made can not be saved. any ideas?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi...

When do you exactly get the black screen?

Is it after the Acer logo screen?

It would be helpful if you specify the model number of your computer.

If you have a removable battery, you may remove the battery, press and hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds, then connect only the AC adapter and power ON the computer to check if the issue is resolved.

If your computer has a power smart battery, Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds to reset the computer (simulates removing and reinstalling the battery)

To perfrom recovery using recovery disc, you need to change the boot mode from UEFI to legacy.

Use the following steps to change the Boot Mode:

1. Completely shut down your computer.
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS.
    3. Use the right arrow key to select Boot.
    4. With Boot Mode highlighted, press Enter, and then use the down arrow to select Legacy BIOS.
    5. Press Enter.
    6. Press F10, and select Yes to save the change and exit the BIOS.

I see that you have mentioned that any changes made in BIOS settings can not be saved.

This could be an issue with CMOS battery.

It looks like you're in the US and if you have a unit from US or Canada unit,

You may also live chat with an Acer technician at : http://acer.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/

This discussion has been closed.