Aspire AX3400 won't start

2»

Answers

• Fr0st3
    Fr0st3 Member Posts: 12 New User

I too also think it is a cheaply made power switch, I have new power switch which I just purchased put it in, it worked for fine. Then I turned it off put every thing back together turned it back on and the blue light will not go on, there for the puuter won't even boot into BIOS.

• mlure
    mlure Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Sorry this did not work for you. Maybe create a whole new power switch? 

I kind of got the little black thing stuck in there too far at first and could not turn the machine off, I thought I would have to use the surge protector switch to turn the whole thing off/on.  But I realized I'd shoved it back in there too far and it was forced into the ON position.  So I used straight pins and slid it back down a little and now it's working fine. In this situation the problem was caused by opening the front door/panel too far and pulling the wires further out than was designed. Just poor design. Longer wires could solve that problem but I dont know a thing about wires and would not attempt that. Just locky I noticed the black thing was not making contact with the bottom of the power button when it was pressed.  I do hope you find a way to solve your machine's problem. And I appreciate all of your posts.

• Fr0st3
    Fr0st3 Member Posts: 12 New User

Can any one on here find me the pn# for the front bezel and power switch assey?

e.

It seems the one i got from Acer worked just one time, after I turned it off it went back to the same thing it was doing before, this stinks paid a lot of cash for this desktop onlt to have fails like this power switch thing fail time after time.

• mlure
    mlure Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

The machine I'm working on Inspire (X3400 U0212) has this stamp INSIDE the front panel door: 413AJ03XXX R-

THEN UNDER THAT: MOLD#1 L.Y.

then under that: ABS< CHI MEI PA-756S

THEN UNDER THAT: ABS PMMA SAMSUNG BF-0670

Hope that's what you need.