webcam 5750

AAJ
AAJ Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I have acer 5750-9460 laptop. Webcam does not work on it , after opening Acer crystal eye webcam the screen displays black screen . Although i have photo & video button highlighted and works if clicked but no image on the screen. In Device manager it displays under imaging device --> PC Camera. Have re-installed crystal eye software from acer site and have re-intalled it using erecovery but its still the same. Laptop has windows 7 installed. Webcam was working a while back but all of a sudden stopped. Being try to install un-install various drivers no results. Does anyone have the same issue and how was it resolved. Appreciate your help in advance . Thanks.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi AAJ

Sounds as if the camera has failed, or perhaps a cable has become loose. The best thing to do is to see if your local PC repair store can fix it for you.

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Finlux is on the right track. I don't think the device has come undone or you wouldn't see it in the device manager. It could very well have failed but to determine if the issue is hardware or software related you could always try to do a full system recovery. It's done using the same software you used to reinstall the drivers. This way you won't have any software/drivers/configurations that could be causing the issue and it will start you off from scratch. If your camera still doesn't work you'll know 100% the issue is hardware related.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Good point about the cable. My brain must have been on shutdown!
  • ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Happens to the best of us, no harm done. Smiley Happy

And thanks for your continued help on the Acer community, very glad to have you on board!

Take care,
    ScottyC

• AAJ
    AAJ Member Posts: 2 New User

Does anyone of you have Aspire 5750 or around the same period version. Does it use Crystal eye App for webcam. What do you see in Device manager listed under Imaging Device , is it PC Camera or something else.  The PC camera driver on the laptop shows 2006 date by Microsoft. Does not seem to be right until there was no update to the driver for so long and this laptop was made around 2010-11.

Apprciate your replies , keep it coming.

This discussion has been closed.