Acer Aspire One D257-13473

Options
loganjstone
loganjstone Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire One d257-13473 and have been asked to update the OS on it. I am trying to switch the OS from windows starter (factory) to windows 7 ultimate, kinda a stupid move but not my call. I have never had such a headach with a computer before. first off getting the flashdrive that I needed to use to be bootable was a pain in the neck but i finally fixed that problem. this is where i became confused, after installing windows 7 ultimate on this notebook i installed some updates and what not so it would run correctly, the usual, and after restarting the pc the computer sits at the boot screen with a blinking cursor. i cannot count how many times i have installed windows on this pc now. Ive also had some luck with updating the bios after installing windows without restarting it right away and that worked fine until i put in my cd key for windows 7 and now it wont boot again. Ive found things online somewhat about this but not under the same circumstances and i havent been able to find anything else that even sounds like it will help. anyone have any answers?

This discussion has been closed.