I need USB 3.0 Windows 7 64bit drivers for my new XC600...

wm_cheng
wm_cheng Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all,

I've recently installed Windows 7 64bit onto our new XC600 with dualboot of the original Windows 8 which was shipped with it.  Although I'm pretty impressed witn Win 8, our Windows Home Server is only compatible up to Win 7 unfortunately. 

I have installed all the Win 7 64bit drivers provided by the Acer Support Download site, however they are missing the USB 3.0 drivers (which is a PCI-e add-on card).  Within Windows 8 Device Manager, the working drivers there say "Etron USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" - I went to the Etron site and downloaded their drivers, but they are not WHQL signed (Win 64bit requires a Microsoft WHQL signed drivers to install) - but more importantly, I get a "Device incompatible" error when I try to install them. 

Has anyone gotten the USB 3.0 to work within the Windows 7 64bit environment?  If so, how and where can I get the drivers?  I don't know if I can extract the Win 8 drivers from the Recovery partition and whether they'd work on the Win 7 OS.  I've tried the Acer Support and they didn't suggest anything I hadn't already tried - then when they couldn't resolve my problem, they said they didn't support any OS that didn't ship with the computer.  Then why did their Support/Download site provide all the other Win 7 64bit drivers? - I was hoping it was just an oversight.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Answers

• jakefwolfe
    jakefwolfe Member Posts: 1 New User

I used the Etron USB3 driver for Acer Predator G3610. Seems to work.

[Edit] Sorry, it does not work. Im getting blue screens after installing driver.

This discussion has been closed.