Aspire S7-392 Touchpad Issues - No multitouch, etc

Options
Qriz
Qriz Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an Aspire S7-392 (the core i5 version). I love the laptop itself but did not love Acer's OEM version of Windows 8, so I installed a clean, retail version of Windows 8 (which was quite a task itself). This, of course, meant reinstalling hardware drivers.

I used drivers directly from Acer's support page for my model. For some reason, the page lists TWO touchpad drivers: one from Synaptics and one from Elantech. Since the S7-392 has a Synaptics touchpad, a Synaptics driver seemed to be the correct decision. Unfortunately, when I installed the driver, I found NO settings for multitouch, pinch-to-zoom, etc. Starting from the taskbar, if I click Synaptics Pointing Device > Pointing Device Properties > Device Settings tab (with Synaptics logo) > Settings (for Standad Pointing Device on PS2/2 Port), I only see settings options for my right- and left-click buttons.

I have tried using the generic driver from the Synaptics website, but got the same result. If I install the Elantech driver from Acer's site I am able to control all multitouch features but the touchpad is a little finicky (often, if I hold down a finger on the touchpad, the mouse pointer on the screen will jump around crazily-- not what I expect from such a pricey laptop).

I would love to use Synaptics drivers with my Synaptics hardware, but I really love my multitouch, especially for scrolling. Anyone have a similar experience, or possible fixes? Thank you!

Answers

• howardlh
    howardlh Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I porchased this model notebook 10 days ago and have the same problem. Is there solution to this??

This discussion has been closed.